If you’re a boating fan like me, you will probably spend hours on the lake cruising around and soaking up the sun. My husband and I will pack a cooler full of beverages and snacks that will keep us hydrated and well-fed. The dietitian inside me is always looking at how to pack a healthier cooler for a day on the lake. A bag of Cheetos and a sleeve of Oreos just aren’t going to cut it. Sure, some junk food is OK in moderation, but in an effort to curb summer junk food calories I have provided a list of healthy, boat-friendly snacks to pack on your next boat outing!
- Hummus and Nut Thins Artisan Crackers
- Terra Chips
- These vegetables chips taste so good that you can eat them plain.
- String Cheese
- Opt for the 2% variety and enjoy a protein-rich snack that is low in calories.
- This is one of my favorite boating fruits because it doesn’t require any prep work and can easily be shared in a group. Make sure they get a spot in your cooler.
- KIND Bars
- Choose the oven-roasted no-salt variety for a healthy dose of protein and omega-3s.
- Pre-cut fruit
- To enjoy fresh fruit without the hassle, pick up a container of pre-cut fresh fruit such as pineapple. Make sure it goes in your cooler.
- Don’t forget to hydrate when you are having fun in the sun! If you are enjoying adult beverages, make sure to drink water in between to prevent heat stroke and dehydration.
You can find all of these delicious, boat-friendly snacks right here at your Spirit Lake Hy-Vee. If you have any further questions about healthy eating, feel free to contact me via phone: 712-336-4900 or email: email@example.com. Happy boating!
Nigel likes to think he’s the captain of the boat.