Many people are making the switch from “regular” yogurt to Greek yogurt. As a dietitian, I must say that I prefer Greek yogurt and the health benefits that stem from it, including the great source of protein, high amounts of probiotics and low levels of lactose. Most Greek yogurts are 99% lactose-free, which is very important for those that are lactose-intolerant.
Most Greek yogurt is geared toward adults, which produces the question: what about the kids? Chobani has the answer! They have come out with a line of Greek yogurt made especially for kids: Chobani Champions. It comes in smaller containers than the other Chobani varieties (3.5 ounces vs. 6 ounces) and in kid-friendly flavors, including Very Berry, Orange Vanilla, Vanilla Chocolate Chunk and Honey Banana. I was a little excited when they first arrived at our store; I quickly purchased a four-pack of Vanilla Chocolate Chunk and absolutely loved it. Even though it is geared toward kids, many adults (including me) have found the new flavors to be absolutely delicious. Since it is designed to appeal to kids, I’ve been asking parents who purchase Chobani Champions how their kids like it. The verdict: it’s a hit!
Besides the great flavor, Chobani Champions has many health benefits for youngsters including:
- High-protein content: 8 grams per container
- Five live and active cultures and three probiotics (to help with digestion and to strengthen immunity)
- 10% of the daily value for calcium and 20% of the daily value for vitamin D (important for proper bone healthy and development)
- Pre-portioned with just the right amount of calories (100 calories per container)
- Low-lactose, gluten-free and kosher-certified
Chobani Champions is a great item to place in your child’s lunch or it can be consumed as a healthy snack. You can find Chobani Champions at your local Hy-Vee grocery store. A word of advice for parents: purchase an extra pack of Chobani Champions for yourself because you will likely end up falling in love with it as well!