If your family is anything like mine, you make sure to roast a turkey that is big enough to yield plenty of leftovers after your Thanksgiving feast. Leftovers are great, but instead of just using your dinner rolls to make turkey sandwiches for the next week, get creative and turn that turkey into tasty, fun and easy dishes! You can simply chop up the turkey and use it in the following meals:
- Turkey Avocado Wrap: Use a whole-wheat tortilla, a Laughing Cow light cheese wedge, avocado slices and chopped turkey to make a delicious wrap.
- Soups: Place chopped turkey in soups…turkey noodle soup, turkey chili, turkey and rice soup and more!
- Turkey Omelets: Use turkey, Havarti cheese and salsa in an omelet.
- Salads: Toss turkey in lettuce salads along with dried cranberries, walnuts, green onion, shredded carrots, feta cheese and a light dressing.
- Pizza: Top a whole-wheat pizza crust with ½ cup barbecue sauce, 1 cup chopped turkey and 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Turkey Tacos: Sprinkle turkey with low-sodium taco seasoning. Fill taco shells with seasoned turkey, fat-free refried beans, shredded lettuce, salsa and shredded cheese.
- Turkey Stir-Fry: Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a wok and add stir-fry frozen veggies. When veggies are crisp-tender, add 1 to 2 cups cooked turkey. Add your favorite stir-fry sauce and serve over cooked brown rice.
- Turkey Quesadillas: Combine shredded turkey with a little cumin. Spoon on one half of a corn or flour tortilla; sprinkle with cheese; fold tortilla in half and cook in a nonstick skillet (coated with cooking spray) for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Pasta Dishes: Add leftover turkey any pasta dishes. Use shredded turkey instead of ground beef in your favorite lasagna recip
Have a wonderful, happy and delicious Thanksgiving!